Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fall House Tour ~ Entry and Dining Room

Good morning blog land!

I'm finally going to give you a tour of my home...
well just the entry and dining room for now.

I'm hesitant in posting this because my home is such a work in progress but then I remind myself that if I wait until my home is perfect, we'll be waiting forever!

So here it goes...
a peek into my little "mansion!"
My husband hates that I call it that...so we'll just call it the Gillio pad!

I'm breaking up the tour into sections because I have a ton of pictures to share.
Here it goes!!!

The entry
There's nothing "fall" about this space but I feel you need to see the entry to get the whole picture.

When you enter our home to your left is our 

Dining Room

This space is by far the least put together space in our home.
It's a hodgepodge of pieces of furniture I've collected, projects that are under way and family heirlooms...
It's definitely a work in progress.



This chandelier belonged to my mother and it's one of my favorite things in this space.

The white buffet/hutch was a craigslist find that started out very differently!

This table is from World Market.  I purchase it about 10 years ago and I still love it.

This pumpkin was orange!  I love what a little paint can do!

This candle holder has also been transformed with a little chalk paint!

Love my scentsy candle and this tray was from decor steals.


Nothing says fall like a bucket of acorns!


These little owls made out of wood were a great find at Home Goods.

Love this little tile made by a sweet friend of mine.

And I had to have this blue velvet pumpkin I purchased at Hobby Lobby.

I love this little nook and feel that it truly reflects my style and personality.


Those pumpkins started out orange....
a little chalk paint later and 
voila!

This sign was a recent Hobby Lobby purchase




This side table is a recent Craigslist find!  I'll be sharing the before and after's when I'm done painting it!

I have big plans for that back wall and recently met with a cabinet maker who is drawing up plans for a custom piece for the space.

Next to the dining room there is an entry closet that is actually really deep and wraps around under the stairs. 

Another angle of the entry.

This is one of the first pieces I ever painted. 



 I love family photos and you will find them in every nook and cranny of our home!

This is our wedding invitation in a beautiful gold frame.

This started out as a painting that I found on clearance at Home Goods.
A little chalkboard paint later and it is now the perfect spot for some of my favorite quotes.

This white pumpkin and tin bucket are the only "fall" things I've added to this space but I think they're enough!

Thank you for stopping by!  Let me know what you think!
Next week I'll be sharing the family room and kitchen.


Have a blessed day!!
xoxo

Delilah










No comments:

Post a Comment