Thursday, October 15, 2015

Side Table


So here she is!
My beautiful side table.
The pictures don't do her justice!

Her is what she looked like when I drove 40 miles to pick her up.


She was in pretty rough shape but I fell in love with her curves and details and the price was right.
So we loaded her up into the back of my SUV!

 

I had to glue on that missing trim shown in the picture above.


I don't usually sand my pieces when I know I'm painting with chalk or milk paint but in this case I wanted to smooth out the top so light sanding was in order.


The result is smooth as butter!






Love all that chippy goodness!




  








After 2 coats of 

I lightly sanded and distressed
wiped clean and then applied white wax.
I let it set for 24 hours and then buffed it with an old T-shirt.











And one last look at the before...


After

 Thank you for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

xoxo
Delilah








3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love your bold color choice, it really works! Well done! I would love it if you would share your work at Making Broken Beautiful. This party runs every Thursday thru Sunday. Come inspire others with your creativity! http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com
    Have a great weekend!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll check out your link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! You gave this piece a new life. Thanks for sharing at Your Inspired Design!

    ReplyDelete