Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Happy Dance!!

Good morning!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I sure did!  :)
 
Thank you for all your input regarding the unit for my dining room.
If you missed the post you can check it out here.
 
 
After reading all the comments, Harbor View was the clear winner.
I was prepared to order it but my friend sent me a text message and asked if I had checked Craigslist?  If you've been following me on this blog then you know that I love Craigslist and check it almost daily!  I don't usually check it on the weekends though.  However, I decided to give it one last glance before I went ahead and ordered Harbor View.
 
 
And there on Craigslist it was....
my little piece of heaven.
 
It was as if the clouds parted, the sun came out and the angels began to sing
 
Ha le lu ya!
 
Ha le lu ya!
 
Then my heart sank a little when I read it was located in Campbell.
That's over an hour away!!!
How am I going to convince my husband to drive that far to pick it up?
 
So before I got myself all worked up on the logistics I measured my space and made sure it would fit and yes it was almost a perfect fit.
 
Then I messaged the seller to see if it was still available and yes it was still available.
Then I asked for the measurements of the individual pieces to see what I would need to get it home.
 
Turns out I would need 2 trucks or a U-Haul.
 
Thank goodness I have a wonderful brother in law that agreed to do me the favor and drive his truck on a Sunday afternoon to Timbuktu and back.  I'm sure it helped that the Raiders weren't playing on Sunday!  Thank you Steve!
 
The husband was very skeptical but also agreed to join me on the adventure.
There may or may not have been some bribery involved in that agreement!  ;)
 
So we drove to Campbell and during the drive there my husband kept reminding me that if I didn't like it that it was OK to say no.  I didn't have to feel obligated in any way.
Yes, I know honey...
We talked about having a little sign that we would give each other if we didn't like it.
OK, honey...
 
One hour and ten minutes later we arrive in Campbell.
 
The guy greets us in his garage.  He's wearing his 49er gear and is rushing to talk to us because we've arrived during the 4th quarter of the 49er game.  :)
 
He tells us a little bit about the unit and all along I have heart eyes!
Not for him obviously but for that beautiful built in unit that has been taken apart and is in 3 different pieces in his garage.  It was so well built and looked brand new and was almost exactly what I had envisioned for my dining room.  I didn't need to say no, I didn't need to look for a sign from my husband because we both knew!
 
              

 
And get this friends....
it was $50!!!
 
No that's not a typo, I didn't forget a zero.
It cost me $50!!!
 
Frank and Steve loaded up both trucks and all the pieces fit perfectly.  We tried to hurry because we knew the 49er game was about to end and the traffic was going to get crazy!
 
 
 
We made it home and despite the dark clouds in the sky, not a drop of rain fell.
Thank you Lord!
 
Ladies and gentlemen....
drum roll please....
 
 
 
 
And here it is after I threw a few things on the shelves.
 
 
It's not done.
My plan is to add bead board to the back panels like Harbor View has.
 

 
I want to add crown molding to the top of it, paint it all white and add hardware.
 
I can't wait to get it all done and show you the "after!"
 
For now, every time I walk by my dining room and see it, I do the happy dance.
 
Have a blessed day!
xoxo
Delilah
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment