Monday, October 26, 2015

Overwhelmed by Big Daddy Weave

 
 
I woke up sad this morning...
 
Not like in a state of depression sad, just melancholy.
 
Do you ever feel like that?
Like you miss your mom kind of sad. (Mine passed away in 2009)
Like it would be nice to sit with her and vent and cry on her shoulder and she would listen and make it all better, like moms are supposed to do.
 
But I trudged through it...
I got dressed and showed up to work at 6:30 in the morning like I'm supposed to.
 
I smiled and said hello to my coworkers.
They don't know that I'm sad and I'll never tell....
 
I grabbed a cup of coffee, read a few blogs and then started my work day.
 
I opened all my programs on the computer that I use throughout the day, turned on Pandora and put my headset on.  My usual Pandora setting is shuffle.  Within that Shuffle I have stations like Meghan Trainor Radio, Sam Hunt Radio, Today's Country Radio, Kirk Franklin Radio, Christian Contemporary, Tye Tribbett and Jesus Culture to name a few.
 
While I'm listening and plugging numbers for work on multiple spreadsheets, I'm praying.
 
I'm asking God to remind me of all my many blessings and to get me outside of myself and focus on Him.  I'm asking this because I know I'm stuck in a "poor me" kind of state.  It doesn't happen often, but when it does I know I need to turn my eyes to Jesus.
 
Several hours have passed and I'm still feeling sad.
 
Then Pandora plays Overwhelmed by Bid Daddy Weave.
 
 
The tears start streaming down my face,
not because I'm sad but because I'm being reminded of His grandeur.
 
I hear the sound of Your Voice
All at once it’s a gentle and thundering noise oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming
 
He created the universe yet he knows my name.  I'm overwhelmed.
 
I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You

God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You

I ran into his arms right then and there.  Sitting at my desk at work...
 
and then it happened
I felt grateful for his mercy
and captivated by Him
I delighted in his presence
and felt overwhelmed...

 

 
 I know the power of Your Cross
Forgiven and free forever You’ll be my God

All that You’ve done is so overwhelming
I delight myself in You
In the Glory of Your Presence
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You

 

 You are Beautiful, You are Beautiful
Oh God, there is no one more Beautiful
You are Beautiful, God you are the most Beautiful

You are Wonderful, You are Wonderful
Oh God, there is no one more Wonderful
You are Wonderful, God You are the most Wonderful

You are Glorious, You are Glorious
Oh God, there is no one more Glorious
You are Glorious, God you are the most Glorious
 
 
And just like that I'm no longer sad.
My problems didn't go away, I just gave them to God.
He loves me enough to handle them.
 
How blessed am I?
 
Not sure if you woke up sad....
but just wanted you to know that God loves you
no strings attached.
 
Click here to see the YouTube video of Overwhelmed by Big Daddy Weave
I pray that it blesses you as much as it did me.
 

 
 
Have a blessed day.
xoxo
Delilah
 



No comments:

Post a Comment