Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Faves ~ Halloween Edition

Halloween!
To decorate or not to decorate?
 
That is the question!
 
So I grew up in a very strict Christian home and we didn't celebrate Halloween.
I was told that was not a day for Christians.
 
As an adult with my own home I had to decide what Halloween meant to me.
I decided that God still allows the sun to come up on October 31st and therefor it is a day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.
 
Didn't mean to get all "churchy" on you...
That being said, Halloween is a day that evil is practiced and more so than other days I'm told.
 
So what I've decided for my children and for my home is that we can dress up and we can decorate as long as it is not with scary or evil things.
 
I do allow skulls & skeletons because after all they are part of our human anatomy.
I do allow spiders, bats, birds, cats and webs because I believe they are part of creation.
Pumpkins are of course delightful and are in my home as well as fun Halloween signs.
 
What I don't have in my home during Halloween or anytime for that matter are
witches
potions and poisons
devils or evil characters
 
These are just my opinions and convictions and I don't impose them on anyone.
I'm here to love and not judge!  :)
 
So without further ado...
Today's favorite things are Halloween inspired.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
Favorite Mantle
 
 
 
Favorite Scary Pumpkin :)
 
 
Favorite Banner
 
 
 
Favorite Halloween Tiered Tray
 
 
 
 
 Favorite Display
(Those vintage cameras!  Swoon!)
 
 
Favorite Doormat
 
 
 
Favorite Outdoor Décor
Source Unknown
 
Favorite Porch
 
 
 
Favorite Comic Strip
(Seriously though!!)
 
 
 
Favorite Wreath
 
 
Favorite Pallet Art
(This is on my list of things to do!)
 
 
 
 
Favorite Costume!
 
 
 
 
Favorite Treat
 
 
 
Favorite Craft
 
 
 
 
 
Favorite Pumpkins
 
 
 
 
 
Favorite Table Setting
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by!
Have a safe and happy weekend.
 
xoxo
Delilah
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment