Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Be a Cheerleader!!


I have to admit
five years ago when my daughter said she wanted to be a cheerleader
I was not thrilled.

A cheerleader?

The feminist came out in me and I started to protest.
You don't want to be cheering for the kids playing sports...
you want to be the one playing the sports!

However, I didn't want to be one of those parents!
You know the ones,
the parents who live through their children.
Yeah, we all know them.
Some of us have even been raised by them!



 So I agreed to let her cheer.

I though it would be a phase...

And here we are 5 years later and she's now a Freshman cheering on the Cheer team for her High School.

She loves it!
Go figure!


And believe it or not I love it too!
Alright, don't get me wrong...
I'm definitely not your typical cheer mom.

I love it because she loves it.


I had a thought the other day.
Just a random little thought.
It's not life-changing or anything but..
this is what I think:

In this life we need cheerleaders...

Someone to encourage us.


Someone to motivate us.


Someone to lift us up.


Someone to catch us when we fall.


Someone that believes in us
even when the scoreboard of life says we're down by six!



Someone to provide a shoulder to lean on.


Someone to be silly with.


Someone that we can feel safe with.



and sometimes 
someone to just sit quietly and be there.

Be a cheerleader in someones life today and everyday!
Our world needs more of them!

xoxo
Delilah





No comments:

Post a Comment