Thursday, July 30, 2015

Why a blog?

There's a questionnaire floating around blog land and it landed on my blog!
I love stuff like this.  It is a wonderful tool to get you to think about things that you may normally not think about.  It's also a great way to get to know people.
Before I get started I wanted to share my reasons for starting a blog.
  1. I love blogs.  I read and follow 50+ blogs a day.
  2. It's a creative outlet for me.
  3. It's a way for me to journal and share my thoughts and ideas. 
  4. It will one day be a little keepsake for my children and their children.
  5. It's a great way to connect with people I normally wouldn't be able to connect with.
And that is all.  :)
I'm grateful for the encouragement, positive reaction and comments I've received thus far!
Thanks for joining me on this journey.
OK here we go.... on to the questionnaire!
1. Winter or Summer?
Most definitely, 100% Summer!  I am a California Summer girl!  I (heart) sunshine!  I feel like my spirit comes alive when the sun is shinning.  I love the beach, the pool, baseball, BBQ's, vacations!!!  Need I say more?
2. What's your favorite wallpaper pattern?
I'm not really a wallpaper kind of girl.  Give me a planked wall, brick wall or even bead board wall any day of the week!  But please no wallpaper.  Maybe I'm just scared of commitment!  Haha!  And wallpaper is a huge commitment!
3. What's the best vacation you've taken?
Cancun in the summer of 2005 with my husband.  I love almost every part of Mexico but Cancun is my fave!  We stayed at an all-inclusive resort and had the best time ever!  :) (in my teenager voice!)


4. If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be?
Oprah Winfrey.
I'm a big fan.  She's inspirational and I feel like I could learn a lot from her.


5. Name one thing on your bucket list.
To go to Europe!!! London, Paris, Italy!  Yes, please!
6. What is your favorite room in your house?
Probably the family room/kitchen area.  I love having people over and that's where we tend to congregate!  It makes my heart happy to see my kids with their friends sitting and eating and hanging out.

7. If you could pick any designer, living or dead, to decorate your house, 
who would it be?
Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper. 
I love her design style and I feel like she and Chip would be so awesome to work with.
8. What's on your nightstand?
My camera (weird I know, but you never know when you're going to need it!)
A glass of water
A lamp
My cell phone
9. Backyard BBQ or formal dinner?
Backyard BBQ for sure.  Flip flops, tank top & shorts - no reservation required!  That's how we roll!


10. If you could rewind 20 years and give yourself one piece of advice what would it be?
Graduate from college!

OK, now here's the fun part!  I want you to play along!  Answer the above questions on this blog in the comments section!  Can't wait to see your answers!  :)

See you tomorrow!
~Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment