Thursday, July 23, 2015

Have you filled a bucket today?

Good morning blog world!
 
Happy Thursday.  We are getting closer to FRIDAY!!!  :)
 
Thank goodness!
 
Today I want to talk about one of my all-time-favorite children's book:

Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
by Carol McCloud
 
 
Several years ago I worked at a preschool called Celebration Christian Preschool where I was introduced to this book.
On the cover of the book it says, "A guide to daily happiness for kids."  Really though, I think it's a guide to daily happiness for everyone.
 
The book talks about how each of us have a love bucket.  You can choose to "dip" into other's love buckets by negative actions towards them or you can choose to "fill" their buckets by expressing kindness, appreciation and love on a daily basis.
 
When my children were little many birthday gifts for their friends included this book.  It became, and still is, part of our vocabulary.
 
When my children would say something hurtful or unkind I would respond, "You're dipping into my bucket." They would immediately stop and think about their actions.  And vice versa when something positive or kind was said, I would thank them for filling my bucket.
 
I have caught myself so many times speaking to adults the same way!  Always in a positive way of course!  lol  I don't think I've ever told an adult they were dipping into my bucket!  Haha!
But I have told many adults they were filling my bucket!  Many times they've looked at me with a puzzled look and I've had to explain...
 
You can find the book in most book stores.  I usually purchase a copy on Amazon.com.  You can follow the link below to purchase your own copy!
 
 
 
 
The world needs more bucket fillers!  Don't you think?
 
Have a blessed day!
Delilah
 


No comments:

Post a Comment