Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Back 2 School

Hello blog world!
It's been a crazy couple of days.  Hence the reason for no posts!  :/
When I decided to do this blog thing, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't allow it to take time away from the kids, my husband and my family.  They are my #1 priorities! 
So far, I've kept true to that promise by creating my posts during my lunch and break times at work or at night when everyone is asleep. 
The reason I covet my precious time with my little family is because the days, weeks, months and years are FLYING by!
Yesterday was evident of that...
My children went back to school!
Summer break is over! (insert tears)
My oldest daughter, my first-born is a FRESHMAN in High School!!!!
How did that happen?
I didn't cry. I was really happy for her!
She danced into my room at 6-something in the morning chanting, "I'm going to High School!!" She was giddy and my heart smiled!
I love her.
She makes me smile.
I'm so proud of her.
The list goes on and on as most of you parents can relate.
I look back and think about the day she started Kindergarten...



She had that same giddiness about her. She was ready to conquer the world, ready for her role as the assistant Kindergarten teacher.  Of course, her teacher didn't know she had an assistant, but thankfully Mrs. Pedraza embraced her assistant all the same!
And of course, now I can cry....
I miss my little Kindergartner. 

I can see her little pigtails.
I can see her little pensive look as she "observes" the classroom.
I can see the colorful artwork she brings home that she made with her tiny little hands and her chubby little fingers.
I can hear her talking a mile a minute trying to tell me about her day and explaining all the rules, so proud that she can write her name.
I want to go back to that day and squeeze her and bottle it all up!

But I can't.
Instead, I'll hug her and squeeze her today because in 4 very short years when she's driving away to college, I'll be wishing I could go back to today!



And that is why I'm trying to cherish every single day.




Make it a great day!!
xoxo

~Delilah






No comments:

Post a Comment