Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Transformation Tuesday ~ Buffet/Hutch

Hello blog world!
Looks like we made it through Monday....
I want to start out by saying thank you for all the text messages, emails and posts regarding my new blog!  I really do appreciate all the support and kind feedback!
 
The plan on Tuesday's here on the blog is to showcase a piece that has been transformed from drab and dated into something fresh and beautiful.  Here is our first look at just that!
 
So...
I'm new to painting furniture, I've only been doing it for about a year or so.  I've learned so much in the process and have really fallen in love with transforming furniture.
 
The piece I'm showcasing today was painted about 6 months ago.  Please forgive the cell phone pictures!  I took the pictures without the blog in mind!
 
A little history on the piece...
I purchase the buffet and hutch from a seller in my area.  It was in excellent condition and it is a solid piece so I snatched it up for a decent price.
 
Painting this guy was A LABOR OF LOVE!!!
I work fulltime, so I was only able to tackle this piece on the weekends and during the week after work.  Because I have kids who play sports, and because I have a life, this project took a while!  :)
 
Needless to say, I'm beyond thrilled with the results!
 
Here are the before and after's.... (mostly afters!) lol
 

As you can see in the picture below I removed the wood spindle on the top shelf.  I felt it was dating the piece a little.  I also simplified the original hardware a bit too by only using the nobs.
 

 
I mod podged scrapbook paper to the back of the hutch.
 

 
I used American Chalk paint in lace and I used clear & dark wax.
 

 
I love the paneled doors.
 



The plan is to add some built-ins on both sides of this piece to make it look like a wall unit.  I shared a picture with you in an earlier post but here it is again as a reminder of what my inspiration is for this room.
 
 
Isn't this gorgeous!!!
 
I'll keep you posted!
Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!
Make it a great day.
~Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment