Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Transformation Tuesday ~ The Wall




I'm pretty sure my friends are better than yours!
 
 
 
Haha, I'm totally kidding but I do have some pretty AMAZING friends!



One of my sweet friends called me one day and said, "I have some extra fence boards sitting in my garage, do you want them?"
 
Um, is the sky blue?
 
Yes, yes and yes!!!



But wait!  It gets even better...
 
My friend Patti and her husband Kevin knew that I wanted a planked wall and so she asked me if I needed help putting it up?
 
Yes people!  They not only gave me FREE fence boards, but they also installed them for me!!!
 

 
Pretty amazing, hugh?!
 
Here's the before...
 
 
pretty boring!
 
 
And now....

 
 

I'm in LOVE!! (insert heart eyes)


 

I'm not savvy enough to give you the directions on how to do it but the Internet is full of tutorials.



Kevin basically used a level and a nail gun to install the planked wall.
 
 
He also had his table saw to cut the pieces to fit.  I chose to have the fence boards go vertically to add height to the room.
 
 
They installed the wall in a couple of hours.
 
 
A wonderful and simple project with lots of
bang for the buck!


In my case ZERO bucks!


 

I love all the character of the wood!  It's just delicious!


When my amazing friends offered to install the wood I asked them if they worked for food lol~ I fed them dinner!  :)





Thanks again Kevin and Patti!!  Love you guys!




Have a wonderful and blessed day! 
 

Linking up to:
 
xoxo
Delilah
 
 
 


















2 comments:

  1. Absolutely drooling over your wall! It looks so amazing and you have incredible friends! I love, love, love your sideboard as well! Did you make it over yourself? If you are interested in joining up to one more party each week, I host making Broken Beautiful every Thursday thru Sunday and I'd love to host your inspiration! I hope you have an amazing day!
    Smiles!
    Terry
    The Curator's Collection & Making Broken Beautiful
    http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terry! I did paint my sideboard! You can read more about it here! http://the1158spot.blogspot.com/2015/10/side-table.html

    I'd love to be a part of your link party and will check it out!
    Thanks,
    Delilah

    ReplyDelete