Monday, June 20, 2016

Motivational Monday ~ When you lose someone you love

My love for design and my appreciation for beautiful furnishings and home goods come from my mother.  Although, our tastes are drastically different, the core of why I love to have a beautiful home comes from her.



 
My mother found immense joy in decorating and maintaining a beautiful home.  Both the inside and outside of our home.  The outside part hasn't rubbed off on me yet...
 



My mom passed away in 2009 and my heart aches the same today that it did then. 

 
I miss her.

 
I think she would have liked my blog.

 
I think she would have appreciated the love that I've poured into my home.

 
Last week I reached out to a friend who recently lost a loved one.  I shared with her that it's hard and I get it.  I wasn't sure some mornings if I could get out of bed because my grief had turned into depression.  It was a tough, tough time in my life.  I told her I loved her and that I was praying for her.


 

Here's what I want to share with you:
 
First and foremost, the Joy of the Lord is my strength.  That's what the Bible says and I believe it with my whole heart.  I wouldn't have been able to get through the loss of my mother without my faith and my relationship with Jesus.
 

 
 
Life does go on.  I know that sounds harsh when your in the middle of grieving but it's true.  My mother wouldn't have wanted me to stop living.  I believe we honor those that have passed on by living our best life possible.  Make yourself get out of bed.  Go through the motions and the emotions will follow.


 
 
Surround yourself with family and friends.  Depression makes you want to isolate yourself but healing comes from surrounding yourself with people who love you.  The medical field is realizing that healing isn't just about medicine it's also about something greater.  It is about the love and energy your body receives from other people.


 
 
Exercise helps.  I know that sounds crazy but it is scientifically proven that exercise releases endorphins that trigger a positive feeling in your body.  I talked a little about this here.


 

Finally, I just want to say if you know someone who has lost a loved one, love on them, send them a card, make them a meal, do whatever you can to add a little sunshine in their life.
I'm so grateful for my family and friends that supported me during that time in my life.  It made all the difference in the world!


 


Have a blessed day!
 
xoxo
 
Delilah 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 


6 comments: