Thursday, April 19, 2018

Pretty in Pink Dresser


Every once in a while I come across a piece of furniture that I love.  A piece that only lasts a couple of days in my garage because I'm so excited to get my hands on it.

This is one of those pieces.  I just love all of the lines and details this little dresser has.  She was in really bad shape though and it wasn't easy transforming her.


I started by filling in all of the missing wood with wood filler.














 I let that sit over night and then sanded it all down for a smooth finish.  I don't usually sand my pieces when I know I'm painting with chalk paint but this girl needed a smooth finish.  She was a hot mess.

This is before the sanding...




This is after sanding!  Nice smooth finish!


I decided to prime this piece with a pink latex paint I had purchased at Hobby Lobby on clearance.  I knew that I was going to paint it with Annie Sloan chalk paint and that stuff is pricey so I wanted to cut corners and prime it first so that I would use less AS paint.  Cutting the cost down was the main reason I chose to do this but it also helps with bleed through when painting such a pale color on an old piece like this.















I only did one coat of this bright pink followed by two coats of this gorgeous AS paint.
It's called Antoinette and I love it!






This color is really hard to photograph but it's just a soft pink.  Truly beautiful.


And here is she is all done.....














Pretty dovetail drawers and detailing.











Here's a reminder of what she looked like before...


And what she looks like today!







I love that she's been given a new life!  I hope she finds a home that will love her for another 100 years!  She's currently available at the Rancho Co Op in Oakley if you're interested in her!
Update: This dresser found its new home and is sold!



Thank you for stopping by!  My garage is full of beautiful half transformed pieces!  Haha!  Stay tuned as I hope to be sharing their transformations soon!

xoxo

Delilah


Joining these parties:
Home Stories
Savvy Southern Style






No comments:

Post a Comment