Friday, April 20, 2018

My Love Language

My love language is Acts of Service...






If you've never heard about the 5 love languages you can learn more about them here.


I read this book probably 10 years ago and learned so much, not only about myself, but also about the relationships around me.
I strongly recommend it if you haven't read it...








Anyway, this post isn't about promoting the book it's about sharing the news.


The news that...
I'm about to burst with excitement.


Why?

Okay so you know how I'm always browsing through Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, etc looking for furniture for the store and about a month ago I came across this beautiful china cabinet.










I messaged the seller because it didn't have a price on it.  (I hate when sellers do that btw!)


She responded several days later saying that if I wanted it I could have it for FREE!


Um yes people.  FREE!  
We've gone back and forth for about a month because she couldn't get me the measurements and we finally connected yesterday and made arrangements for pick up.




Okay, Okay I know that it is hard to see past this dark picture and see its true potential....


Some of you are probably thinking I'm crazy.  And I might be...






But I'm envisioning this painted white with possibly a pop of color inside.  I'm not wanting this to sell it.  I'm wanting it for my home.








I love all of the lines and detailing.  The hardware on the bottom is dating this piece so I would remove them and replace them with something simple so it doesn't take away from all of the ornate detailing on this piece.








So what does my love language have to do with this you ask?




I'm asking...practically begging my husband to take a 50 minute ride with me (one way) and borrow his buddy's truck and ask someone with muscles to help us go pick this baby up.




Here's the kicker...
It's all one piece!!!  Ugh!  Why???  So that is going to make it extremely difficult to transport.






I sent him (the husband) a text message this morning and crickets....


I haven't received a single response.  :(






Wah................
Help me pray!!!
So those were some of my inspiration photos....I'm loving the idea of removing the cabinet doors and making it open shelving...
What do you think?











I'll let you know if we get it or not!


Update: To read the outcome of this post click here!


xoxo

Delilah











No comments:

Post a Comment