Wednesday, April 4, 2018

10 Things You May Not Know About Me

I consider myself an open book so these aren't earth shattering but I thought it would be fun to share!





















1.    I almost NEVER pay full price for anything!  I am a HUGE bargain shopper.  I LOVE Craigslist and most of the furniture in my home was purchased second hand or was given to me. 




Well, that isn't TRUE about every piece of furniture in my home....
I had a garage sale and sold a sectional and some other furniture and paid cash for the couches in my family room a few years ago.  I did pay full price for them and bought them brand new but I shopped around for months before purchasing them.











2.     We've moved 3 times in the last 10 years.  I used to think that was so "unstable" of us!  I grew up in the same home that my dad still lives in today!  Do I like moving?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!!  Ugh, it's so much work.  But I would be lying if I told you that I'm living in my forever home.  The truth is I check realtor.com all of the time and dream of moving into a different home.  I know, I know... I'm CRAZY!   I do love my home but I learned a long time ago that a house is just a house...
If it makes better sense for us to move somewhere else, then let the adventure begin!  :)























3.     I LOVE being 40-something!  Seriously!  I don't talk about my age too often.  The truth is I had a really hard time turning 40!  For some reason it hit me hard and it felt so old!  Now that I've had a few years to get used to this 40-something age, I love it!  I really feel like you come into your own when you're 40.  You don't care as much about other's opinions as you used to.  At least that has been my experience....  I'm living my best life and I think that is the best thing you can do for yourself.  I'm grateful.  Getting OLD is never fun, but I plan to do it as gracefully as possible.


















4.     I love, love, love Jesus.  I hope this one doesn't come as a surprise!  I truly don't know where I would be without Him in my life.  And I'm never going to shove God down your throat...but man you're missing out!  Am I perfect???  Absolutely NOT.  Loving Jesus and claiming to be a Christian doesn't correlate with being perfect.  It simply means I need God in my life and am so grateful to not just have Him in my corner (actually CENTER) but also to know Him!




















5.     I have rooms in my home that are SCARY!  Well, not like spooky scary, just not design worthy!  Yes, people!  Rome wasn't built in a day.  My loft is one of those spaces.  It's a catch-all for everything.  I don't even step foot in there because it frustrates me.  How can a self-proclaimed designer live with unfinished spaces you ask?  Easy!  Sometimes it's just not in the budget at the moment.  Or it's not a priority... It's on the list though!  Hopefully in the next year or two it will receive its much needed refresh!












Santa Monica Pier March, 2018





6.     My favorite place in the whole wide world is the beach!  I'm a California girl through and through.  Bring on the SUNSHINE!  I get depressed with gloomy weather and MUST feel the sand between my toes often!  Lucky for me, my brother lives in Pacific Grove and you can walk to the beach from his house.  I not only get some QT with my brother but I also get to see the ocean when I stop by for a visit.  It's a win, win!  Last week my daughter and I went on a little mini-vacation to SoCal!  We spent a day in Santa Monica.  I got some much needed vitamin D!
















7.    I'm addicted to my iPhone!!  Like I probably need to get that under wraps before my marriage ends in divorce!!!  haha.. totally kidding!  But yes, "My name is Delilah and I'm addicted to my phone."  It's not just one app or one game or one social media site... IT'S ALL OF IT!














8.    I LOVE shoes!!  Like I own over 100 pairs of shoes.  I know...CRAZINESS! I actually need to clean out my closet and get rid of some of the shoes I'm not wearing...you know to make room for some new ones!  lol Just kidding Frank!   The funny thing about my love for shoes is that it has rubbed off on my offspring!  Both my son and daughter love shoes too!




















9.   My Honda Pilot has 220,000 miles on it!  I love that car!  It has been such a good, reliable car.  It has transported many, many pieces of furniture!  I'm praying it keeps going strong for as long as possible!  I don't want a car payment!!
















10.  My first post was published on this blog in June of 2014!  I don't know what inspired me to have a blog.  I've always loved to write.  I've always loved arts and crafts.  I've always loved photography.  I've always loved decorating spaces.  I guess it was just a matter of time....






Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts and listen to my opinions.  Thank you for not judging me for the silly stuff I sometimes write about.  Thank you for being my friend on this journey!






PS. Here is the link to that first post on my blog if you'd like to read it!  I still find that post inspiring today!


Thank you for stopping by!!!  I'm on my way to the S.F. Giants game today!!!!  WooHoo!!
xoxo


Delilah







No comments:

Post a Comment