Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Part two of my Love Language

Hello friends!


This post is the update to this post.




So we didn't get the china cabinet but it wasn't because of my husband's unwillingness to go get it with me....  so he isn't the bad guy in this story!  lol
My mom used to tell me when I was little that if you have to force something to happen and you keep hitting road blocks along the way it's very possible that whatever you're forcing isn't God's will for your life.


I know it's just a china cabinet but I do want to make sure God's blessing is over all of the decisions we make.  It was just going to be a busy Saturday and trying to fit one more thing into the equation wasn't going to work out.


Not to mention that I looked into renting a U-Haul and it was going to cost us $200 when it was all said and done.  I checked other rental trucks but they weren't available or just as expensive.  It truly just felt like one door shut after another.


I feel just fine about our decision to pass on that free china cabinet though. When one door closes another opens....
I'm excited at what may pop up down the line!  I promise to keep you posted.


So, this is what did happen this last weekend though....




I took my niece's senior pictures.  They turned out so beautiful!  I can't wait for her to see them!




My daughter had her Junior Prom!  She looked beautiful and had a blast!





My son had a baseball tournament and won the championship!


My friend moved and brought me a couple of pieces of furniture.  I love it when my friends think of me!  :)
This is one of the pieces that I've already transformed.  It was a little farmhouse table.

Here's the before...



It had an aqua top and the metal grate was loose and the paint was chipping off but I just loved the legs and lines of it!  So pretty!


 





Here's the after.


Sorry for the messy picture...
There are a few other projects all happening at the same time right now...

So I just freshened her up a bit.  Painted the bottom half white and then did a gray wash over the top.
She's currently at the Co-Op waiting for her forever home!

Thanks for stopping by!

I have lots of furniture makeovers to share with you...
I've been a busy little bee!

xoxo

Delilah


No comments:

Post a Comment