Thursday, March 22, 2018

The Evolution of the Fireplace

It's raining here in my neck of the woods and it's supposed to continue to do so for a while.  It gives me the decorating blues!  I need some sunshine!!  So what are we going to do? Head to SoCal!!













The boys are already in Arizona for baseball where it's in the 80's!!  Dreamy!


On Monday I shared on the blog how the space between my kitchen and family room has changed in the last few years.  If you missed it, you can read all about it here.


I've really enjoyed looking back at the ways the different spaces in my home have evolved in the last four years.  There is still so much work to do but sometimes it's good to take a step back and look at the progress we've made so far.  Today we're going to look at the evolution of my fireplace in the family room.
























This is the best picture I could find that shows the "Before" of my fireplace.  Pretty standard.  Nothing special...except for that hydrangea print that I still love today!




















Fall of 2015
To see the full post click here.






This was Christmas of 2015.  Gosh I love that old window!!  For the full Christmas tour click here.











That coffee table has been completely transformed too!  And we have a bigger TV now.





This was V-day 2016
I hated how narrow our mantle was.  The candlesticks are hanging over the ledge.


Halloween 2016
You can check out this post here!





And then it happened....
the fireplace got a much needed makeover!




A beefier mantle!


Insert heart eyes!!!  You can read all about that transformation here.  This is truly one of my favorite transformations in my home to date....well, in addition to the wood planked wall which I'll talk about in an upcoming post!



Christmas 2016





V-Day 2017

That medallion has traveled to a few different spots in my home...  :)
it's what I do!  lol




Fall 2017



Oh I just love that vintage looking chalkboard!




V-Day 2018




And here is the fireplace today


                 
Here's a fun side by side comparison!



Isn't that fun to see all the different looks that my fireplace has had over the years?
So, like I said earlier in this post, my girl and I are headed to southern California to enjoy a mini-vacay!  We are on Spring Break and I want to take advantage of her being out of school for a few days.  I'll share all about our adventure when we get back. I'm also going to be sharing all kinds of furniture transformations.  I've been one busy little painting girl!
Stay tuned...

As always, I appreciate you stopping by. 
Have a wonderful day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment