Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday Favorites ~ I've got the Blues!

Maybe because it's raining over here in my neck of the woods...
Not sure the reason why, but I've got the painting blues!


As in, I want to paint everything blue!!!  I have a few pieces in my garage that I'm working on and they are all getting a different hue of blue.  Stay tuned...






In the meantime I wanted to share some of my favorite blue inspiration!


Here is the first piece that I found online.  Unfortunately it's just a peek but OH MY GOODNESS!  I'm in love!  That lace!  Yes, please!



I love a distressed piece of furniture.  It just gives it a soul in my opinion.  This blue table is lovely.



I love adding a white wash or white wax to a light blue piece.  It makes all of the beautiful detail stand out!  This hutch/cabinet turned out so pretty with the white wax.




Sometimes you get super duper lucky and you come across a piece with amazing lines and detail.  This piece below is one of those times!  I'm pretty sure you could have painted it in any color and it still would have turned out stunning!  It's GORGEOUS!!



I want to try and venture out and mod podge some beautiful paper to a piece like the one pictured below.  It's not a look for everyone.  It may sit in my booth for a little while...but I'm okay with that.  I love this look!  I just need to find the perfect little piece for it.


I love a blue piece with a stained top.  It's rare that I find a dresser with a top that's in decent shape to be stained though.  I'm keeping my eyes open for one!  Isn't this piece just beautiful?


I may have shared this piece before.  I mean whats not to love.  I seriously love everything about this hutch.  Everything!  I want it.
For reals tho!
Source Unknown



Alright, don't scream at me if this isn't a piece you can even pretend to like.  I get that it's not everyones cup of tea!  I, however, love it!  It's a mix of cabin in the woods meets rockstar.  Yup, that's what I see and I'm a fan! Oh, yeah and it sold online for $2500 so somebody must of liked it! :)





I really like gold hardware on blue furniture.  The dipped gold legs are a nice touch too.  I'm realizing that most of these pieces  I'm sharing today are cabinets/hutches.  I'm really loving them these days but they are a pain to paint!




I'm loving this denim look.  I've painted a similar look on a piece before but I'm especially loving it against the white and the leather handles!  So fun.  But seriously you will not appreciate this "after" picture until you see the "before!"  Click on the link below to see this amazing makeover!





As always, I appreciate you stopping by!  I hope you've been inspired to paint something blue!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment