Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Transformation Tuesday ~ Beach Waves Dresser



Where do I begin....


There are no words for the tragedy that our Country has suffered. As I watched the footage from the Las Vegas shooting yesterday, I felt numb.


Today I watched with tears streaming down my face as they released the names and pictures of some of the victims that were killed.  All we can do is pray. 




We need Jesus.




I contemplated not posting today but then the shooter wins.
We cannot stop living our lives.
We must move forward.
We will never forget.  We will continue to pray, but we will also not give the shooter anymore power.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm now a vendor at the Rancho Co-Op in a nearby town and I've been painting and transforming a lot of furniture pieces lately!!  I can't wait to share them with all of you.




Today we are going to look at a dresser that was left out on the curb.  My cousin called me and asked me if I wanted it!  I loved the lines, or should I say curves, of this dresser so I snatched that pretty girl up!  She must be a girl with all of those curves!  :)






She was in pretty rough shape when I got her but she had great bones and that's what I look for in a piece.  I especially loved her turned legs and beautiful hardware.


I first cleaned her up and then sanded the top of the dresser.
Once I've sanded down the top I can usually decide if I want to stain or paint the piece.  As you can see from the above picture, it was in really bad shape to stain so I decided to paint this piece.

I decided to use Annie Sloan's chalk paint in Duck Egg.  It's one of my favorite colors from her line of chalk paint.

I love chalk paint because there isn't a lot of prep work that usually needs to be done.  The top of this dresser was so uneven though, that sanding it down was a must.  I like a nice smooth finish and one way to achieve that is by sanding before and after painting your piece.


After painting the body and the drawers I decided to heavily distress the drawers.  I love the warmth of the wood coming through the paint.


I also decided to paint the hardware with white chalk paint. It gives it a softer look than the black  hardware would have.


Finally, I applied a clear wax over the entire piece and buffed it.
I wish you could touch this beautiful piece and feel how silky smooth she is.




I like naming my pieces once I've painted them.  Her name is Beach Waves.  The beautiful blue/green color, wood tones and white hardware remind me of a tropical ocean with it's white surf and brown sandy beach!

She's currently in my booth at the Rancho Co-Op but I've had lots of interest so I don't think she'll last long.

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a blessed day!
xoxo
Delilah

Sharing on







No comments:

Post a Comment