Friday, September 22, 2017

Fall Mantle 2017

Happy first day of Fall!!!
In honor of it being the first official day of fall, I pulled out all of my Fall storage bins last night and decided to decorate the mantle in my family room just for you!

...and my family of course!  :)




I started out with this "vintage chalkboard" that didn't start out so vintage. 


It was a mirror in its previous life with a shiny gold frame.  It will be a blog post soon...
Doesn't it look so pretty against my faux brick wall?  Click here to see how I acheived that faux brick fireplace.

I added my cotton wreath that I purchased last year at Hobby Lobby.


The only new purchases were the magnolia garland that I purchased from Hobby Lobby recently and a few of the pumpkins in the bird cage are from the Target dollar spot.



These tall metal pumpkins I've had for a few years.  They started out orange but were transformed with a little chalk paint.  They're from Kirklands.  In taking these pictures, I noticed that the paint has chipped off in some areas.  I didn't apply a top coat and that's probably why.  I'm thinking a fresh coat of paint is in order for these guys!







 My vision for my mantle this year was "Romantic and Elegant."  I think the magnolia garland really helps me achieve that.







I found this little column at the goodwill earlier this year and it hasn't really had a purpose until now...
It's a perfect addition to the birdcage.  It serves as a pedestal and really makes my pumpkin filled birdcage the star of the mantle.

(Sorry for the poor quality photos.  My "real" camera needs a new battery so I'm using my cell phone for these pictures!)



 I try not to forget about the hearth of the fireplace when decorating my mantle.  The only thing I added to this space was a few velvet pumpkins.  I believe these are from Home Goods.  I've had them for a few years.




And there it is... the first space in my home decorated for Fall!  I'm hoping to get the rest of the house decorated in the next few weeks.
Stay tuned...

In other news!!!
We got a puppy!

 
Meet Harlee Hope

She's a pomeranian & Shih Tzu mix
 (examples of what these breeds look like)


She's my daughter's dog.  My daughter paid for her and everything. 


We've only had her for a few days but so far my daughter is really stepping up and taking care of her.  Of course she's gone during the day for school and sometimes in the evening for after school stuff and work... so that's when the village steps in.
Because it takes a village!



Here are Harlee and Bella.  Bella doesn't really like her.  We're hoping that changes!


Finally, here are some Homecoming pictures I promised in my last post.  My daughter had a wonderful time!



 


Karissa's boyfriend Colby surprised her and borrowed his cousin's Camaro for them to drive to homecoming.







Thank you for stopping by and I can't leave without saying thank you for all of your kind words regarding my new adventure!  My garage is full of antique peices waiting to be transformed.  I can't wait to show you each of those transformations on the blog.  Have a wonderful weekend. 
Get those Fall bins out!  :)


xoxo
Delilah

Sharing on:







2 comments:

  1. I read it and ALWAYS love your magical house:)

    Dianna Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you D! Thank you for your sweet words and always supporting!

      Delete