Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Favorites ~ A Red Christmas

I had a little extra time before I had to pick my daughter up from work the other day, so Home Goods seemed like the perfect spot to kill some time!


I found myself heading straight to the Christmas aisle.  I seriously can't wait to start decorating for Christmas!  Please don't roll your eyes at me.  I know it's still only the middle of October but I can't help it.  I'm super excited to get my Christmas bins out!

In the past, I've stuck to a very "blue" color palette with my Christmas decorations but this year I'm craving RED!  The blue hews definitely match my home better but I don't care.  I want a traditional red, rustic and glam Christmas.  What does that mean you ask?


Red: well, that's pretty self-explanatory.  Just a lot of red stuff, but I'll balance it out with my neutral Christmas decor so that it doesn't look completely out of place in my home.


Rustic: I love to use woods and metals when I decorate for Christmas and will continue to do so this year.  Look for a lot of homemade stuff.  I'll also introduce plaids into my Christmas decor this year to add to the rustic charm.  I've never done that before so that will be fun.



Glam: Christmas isn't Christmas without a little bling.  Just like my home wouldn't feel like my home without some bling!  Nothing over the top just a few metallics, glitter and bling sprinkled around.



I'm hoping to use most of what I already have on hand.  Luckily, I used to always decorate my main tree with red so I've kept all of that stuff throughout the years and can't wait to dust it off.  I'm also hoping to repurpose what I already have and give it a fresh new twist.


There will be lots of crafting going on in the next few weeks....




Stay tuned....


Here's a look at  my Christmas home tour from last year. 

There wasn't an ounce of red anywhere.  This year it's going to look drastically different!!
I can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Have a wonderful weekend.

xoxo
Delilah























No comments:

Post a Comment