Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Transformation Tuesday ~ Bergere Dresser

Happy Election Day!!

I hope you've gotten the chance to get out and vote.  I'm wearing my "I voted!" sticker proudly today!  :)

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned some of the craziness going on in my life in this post.
One of the things I shared was that my Aunt had given me a dresser.  Yes, for FREE!!

Today I'm sharing with you how I transformed it.  I apologize for the low quality pictures...I took these with my iPhone.

Here is the before:

When I saw it, it was love at first sight.  I love all the detailing, the pretty legs, the little drawer on top...
I didn't really have a place for it in my house but I currently have a dresser in my closet that is falling apart and thought it would be a good idea to switch it out with this one.


I decided to paint it in Miss Mustard Seed's milk paint in Bergere.  I've painted other pieces in this color before and I love the gray/blue hue.

Here it is after the first coat and before all the magical chipping started to happen.

Here's the the little drawer after I got the look I was after.  I did a white wax over it.

Here is the beautiful piece once it was all finished.  I love all that chippiness goodness!!
I spray painted the hardware black and love how it pops!

Thanks for stopping by!!
God bless America.

xoxo
Delilah










No comments:

Post a Comment