Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Creative Juices are Flowing!!!

Hello there!!!
Happy Wednesday....


So this is a very different post.  Something I've never shared.  You get a peek into my chaotic brain.  Yup!!!  TREAD CAREFULLY!
lol


These are little snippets of some of the creative things I've been juggling lately.


First and foremost....my house is ready for Halloween!  A full post is coming soon....I'm hoping to have it up on the blog early next week! (Btw..that's a snapchat photo!  If you're interested in following me on snapchat my user name is DRGP1)



My Aunt GAVE me this dresser!  Can you believe what a lucky girl I am???  This baby received a makeover.  I can't wait to share with you how beautiful she turned out!  Stay tuned....




I'm also painting this chest of drawers for my aunt.  I'll share the before and afters on the blog when I'm done!




I'm loving the Fall-like weather we're getting in California right now.  The boots and scarves have come out of hibernation!  I'm also in the process of re-creating this beautiful arrangement using some inexpensive items.  Details coming soon...



 
Speaking of boots and scarves....
Have you heard of Stitch Fix?  If you have than you will be excited to hear that I was invited to their headquarters in San Francisco and asked to be a part of a focus group.  It was really great!  And the best part is I was paid for my time!
If you haven't heard of Stitch Fix you can learn more about them here.






 This is a little vignette that is in the "Green Room" of the church that I attend.  I was part of the design team for this space.  It holds a special place in my heart... I'm working on a little surprise for this space that I'll be sharing in the upcoming weeks on the blog!







Have you seen these brick panels at Lowe's?  This has been on my to-do-list for months!!!  Possibly years!!  I won't divulge just yet where they're going but I've been busy transforming these panels.  It is soooooo time consuming but fun all at the same time.  I can't wait to see my vision come to life and to get to share it with you!!  Neither of these panels are anywhere close to being finished...so don't panic!  lol I'm just taking you on a little journey today...remember?  This is my brain!  Ha!  And all the million things going on in it!


This is my brick inspiration... (insert heart eyes)  My brick will have more grays than this one pictured above.








 Here's a little sneak peek at my Fall porch.  My friends made those pallet pumpkins!!  Aren't they scrumptious?  I LOVE them!!  All my daughter wanted to do this Fall was go to a pumpkin patch.  I'm happy to say we've scratched that off of our list.  Now do I paint the pumpkins?  Carve them?  Y'all know they aren't staying orange!  Decisions, decisions...




So it hasn't been all work and no play!
I've also been enjoying some family and friends time.




 It's football season y'all!
We love going out and supporting my daughter's high school and cheering for the football team.  Last weekend they played against my hometown's school.  I am not going to lie...I wasn't that sad when we lost to my hometown's school!  Go Pitt!!









I've been cheering and then crying over the SF Giants!!  I love them and was sad to see our season end!  Go CUBS!!

 My son's baseball season has also come to an end.  During his last tournament he hit an over-the-fence home run!  It was a fantastic way to end the season!






So, last but not least...I've not only been busy taking family portraits lately (I dabble in a little photography on the side) but we've also had our family photos taken!  It was a windy day in the city when we had our pictures taken.  This is one of my favorites.  Wind blown hair and all!




Thank you for stopping by!!!
If you're not subscribed to my blog please make sure and do so!  It's the best way to stay connected since my posts are so random.  Hopefully this peek into my brain helps explain why!  :)
Oh, and have I mentioned I work full time in addition to all of this madness????




xoxo
Delilah










No comments:

Post a Comment