Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Transformation Tuesday ~ Beachwood White Dresser

My son is really into skateboarding.  One of our favorite things to do together is he'll scout out a nearby skate park, ask me to take him and a friend to it and then I'll shop the nearby antique and thrift stores.  After a couple of hours of him skating and me shopping we'll meet up for lunch and spend some QT!  It's just a pretty spectacular win-win for the both of us!  :)

On one of these recent adventures I found this dresser.

It was a beautiful piece but was in horrible shape.  The top was ROUGH!!  So much so, that I got a splinter just running my hand across the top!  Ouch!


Nothing that some wood filler and sand paper can't fix!


So I filled, sanded and painted!


Isn't that top beautiful?  Yes, except for that one little blemish at the top!  Ugh!!!  Why???
Yes people, I re-filled, sanded and painted for a second time!

Some projects are easier than others....


Here it is all finished.  Isn't she pretty?



No more splinters from this pretty girl.  She's as smooth as butter now!

I'm loving the "Beachwood" wash I did on the top.

Here's a reminder of what she looked like before her transformation:

and now...


***This piece is already sold***

Here's my both at the Co-Op all decked out for Halloween!  Stop by if you are in my neck of the woods!  I have a lot of furniture pieces on sale!




Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

Delilah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment