Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Hope is Here Tour and Servanthood

Last night my church hosted a concert for the bands Zoe Worship & Mosaic MSC.  Chad Veach also spoke at the end.  It was pretty amazing.  The worship was so good.  I loved seeing these teens and young adults so pumped up and fired up for God.  It was inspiring.  And Chad's message!  Wow!  So good!


And as good as all of that was, I walked away from last night's event with my bucket so spiritually full but not from the music or preaching but from the display of servanthood I witnessed.












Just a little background.... I wasn't going to go to the concert.  I had never heard of Mosaic or even Chad Veach!  Apparently I've been living under a rock!!  However, I received an email asking me to serve on the church's green room team for the event and I quickly agreed.  Why not serve and then get to sit in?  Kind of a no brainer!


Btw... here's a link to the tour if you're interested.  I recommend it!  Hope is Here Tour


So, my church has a pretty amazing dream team.  The dream team is made up of different members of our church.  They serve in all different areas of the church.  Anywhere from security, kids zone, parking lot, green room, sound, etc...
But because I was serving in the green room that is what I'm going to talk about today. 


What I witnessed last night was a beautiful display of servanthood.

My mom loved to entertain.  I can remember her telling me to go set the table(s) because we were having company over.  Now, when she asked me to set the table it wasn't throw some dishes and silverware on the table and call it a day. Nope!  She taught me at a very young age that setting the table for our guests was an opportunity to use all of the beautiful dishes, cloth napkins, fancy napkin rings and glassware that my mom had in her stash and had acquired throughout the years.  I loved getting the opportunity to use my inner Martha Stewart to come up with a design and create a beautifully decorated table fitting for our guests. 












My mom would spend hours making a deliciously home cooked meal.  Our friends and family loved coming over largely in part because of my mom's gracious hospitality.  Acts of service was definitely one of her love languages.  I'm so grateful she taught me what hospitality looked like.  She modeled it well.







The pastors at my church have 4 teen girls.  All are pretty amazing.  They ooze musical talent!  Like they can sing and play instruments pretty impressively.  I'm not here to talk about their musical talents today though.  I'm here to share with you the beautiful display of hospitality I witnessed from them last night. 

Pastor Veach and his team arrived to FC several hours before the concert even started last night.  When they first arrived they were greeted with a fancy coffee drink made by our very own Nepstad girls.  It wasn't served in a paper cup, which would have been fine btw... but no, it was served in a real cup that even had a saucer.  It had foam and looked like it came from some fancy coffee shop.

I witnessed the girls running back and forth to make these coffee drinks, asking specifically what kind of drink the guests wanted.  They did it with such joy. 
I heard several ooh's and ahh's from the recipients of these fancy drinks.  The girls were repeatedly complimented on the delicious coffee drinks as well as their hospitality and they humbly responded that they were so happy to serve!

This went on for a few hours.  They even at one point approached some of the band members and asked them if they would like some hot tea or water, etc...







 These girls could have been hanging out with their friends or mingling with all of the band (which were not in the green room) but instead chose to serve.  They worked hard and reflected God's love.  They served their "house" so well and did us proud.  I'm inspired and moved.


There are probably other inspiring stories and pictures of servanthood that took place at last night's event but I got to witness this one and had to share.








The truth is, it doesn't have to be at a great big concert or with VIP's where God might be calling you to serve.  Maybe it's time we pull out our fine china and invite our neighbor over for some coffee and just love on them.  Maybe it's time you sign up to lead a small group at your local church and do life with somebody!!  And people paper plates are fine!  JUST LOVE ON SOMEONE.






I'm inspired because I love that the true art of hospitality isn't being forgotten by this next generation.  That in a world that is driven by what you can do for me, we can find these gems that are saying what can I do for you!




Nepstad girls you ROCK.  Your parents have raised you well.






xoxo


Delilah










No comments:

Post a Comment