Thursday, May 24, 2018

My latest Before and Afters

Hello friends!!!


I have been a busy little bee!



Painting and painting and painting some more!  I'm having a record month at the Rancho Co-Op and it has really lit a fire under me!








I was told Summer is typically the slowest time of the year for sales in our store... but I'm not having it!  I have a trip to CANCUN to pay for!!!  :)









In all seriousness, I'm truly grateful for God's favor in this Co-Op endeavor of mine!  I have had all of these people come out of the woodwork offering me FREE furniture.  Yes - FREE -  people!!!  And, even though I am trying to be selective in what I'm taking, it is a blessing that I'm so grateful for!








On to the before and afters....


Let's start out with the red farmhouse table pictured earlier in this post.  I found this sofa table from a Craigslist posting.  I went there for a buffet and left with two other pieces of furniture including this table.  I was attracted to its legs and it's solid maple which I love to paint.









I used milk paint on this piece and sealed it with hemp oil.  In the picture below you can see the top has the oil and the bottom doesn't have it yet.  See the difference?









Little Bella is photo bombing!  She loves to hang out with me at-all-times!  lol











I finished it off with this new nob from Hobby Lobby!  Love it!






Here's one last look at the "After!"  It's available at the Rancho Co-Op!








This is another item I picked up from that Craigslist posting.
It is also maple.  It was in excellent condition and I toyed with the idea of leaving it unpainted... but couldn't get myself to leave it as is.  It feels a little dated to me unpainted.   I was wanting to stay with the bold color scheme so I chose this peacock blue/green.






What do you think?  Isn't she lovely?



I just dropped her off at the Co-Op!  Go check her out!



Next...

Sometimes I have friends asking me to keep an eye out for certain pieces. This bottom dresser was for my friend's granddaughter.  She's using it as a changing table.  I purchased the dresser from a site.  The hand painted design was pretty but not going to work for the nursery.





She wanted a pale pink and Annie Sloan's Antoinette is the perfect pink.







I brought her in the house to keep her safe from all of the chaos that happens in the garage until my friend could pick her up!!


I'm loving this color!  Gorgeous!  I'm working on another piece for her in the same color.  I'm hoping to share it's transformation soon.












These side tables are HEAVY little suckers!  I painted them both with gray chalk paint and sealed them. 



One sold but the other one is still available.



Isn't this little farmhouse coffee table so cute?


It started out like this


It just needed some freshening up!



This little cabinet only last a couple of days in the store.


It went from this ꜛꜛꜛ

to this ↓↓↓


I've been lining the drawers with fabric on most of my pieces.  I love the little touch that it adds.






When I saw this French dresser I couldn't resist it.  It was in excellent condition.  All I did was freshen it up a bit with some white chalk paint.





Ah...so much better...



 Look at all of the detail in this piece.



I left the inside in it's original finish.  You can really see the difference a little paint makes.
This piece sold after a few days in the store.




This last piece is a little dresser/changing table I did for my cousin.  What good is it to be blessed with a God-given talent if you can't use it to bless others? Right?







I hope little Bryce enjoys his little dresser as much as I enjoyed transforming it for him!



Sorry for the overload of pics and super long post!!!


Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo




Delilah













No comments:

Post a Comment