Monday, February 5, 2018

What's in your hands? ~ January Recap



I started this year with one resolution. Well, actually I have two goals this year...




1 - That I would get completely out of debt.
2 - Abs (As in I want them!) But we'll leave that second goal for a different blog post.






I love Dave Ramsey's cash only policy.  A few years ago I interviewed my brother in law on the blog and he gave his tips on handling money.  That way of thinking has really inspired me.  You can read that post here.






I feel like God whispered in my ear the other day and said...





Use what you have in your hands!


What does that mean?


      


We've all been blessed with some sort of talent or something that we're good at.  Right? 




For some, it's gardening, some are really good with numbers, some can build things, fix things, design rooms, paint furniture, cook, etc...  Is there a way to turn your talent into something profitable?


          


A couple of months ago I decided to become a vendor at a co-op in my town.  I did really well my first month but then the holidays came and I neglected my business.  In 2018 I'm going to give that little Co-Op some REAL attention.  I've already started by sprucing my booth up a bit.  I've picked up several pieces of furniture that I'm currently revamping.


           


I feel as though a little fire has been lit under me.  I'm grateful for the talents that God has blessed me with.  While I still am physically able to...I'm going to work hard to make that Co-Op profitable.


 


I've decided that 75% of that extra income will be used to pay bills but the other 25% will go towards a vacation fund.



It can't all just be work, right?  :)


        




What are your goals this year?



I hope you've enjoyed a few pics of all of the fun things we did in January!  We celebrated both my daughter's and my birthdays as well as played in a baseball tournament where my son was named MVP!  Those are just a few of the things we did!  I'm looking forward to seeing what February has in store!








Have a blessed day.






xoxo

















No comments:

Post a Comment