Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Lita

It's been almost a month since I've shared anything on the blog..

 

 
 
 
I've tried writing this multiple times but my heart wasn't ready.
 
 
On January 15th my paternal grandmother who we affectionately refer to as "Lita" passed away.
I was blessed to be by her side when she was called home.
I sang to her and prayed for her as she took her last breath. 
 
 
And then we wept.
 
She was a few months shy of turning 90 years old.
She was the most beautiful human being I have ever met in all of my life.
She loved so intently and in return was deeply loved.
 
 
She is the person that I've always aspired to be like.
 
She was my last living grandparent.
 
 
I'm still sad.  And it will take time to get used to the idea that she is no longer here.
 
Thank you for your patience....
 
Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment