Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Inspire Me Tuesday ~ 2.23.16

I had a beautiful dream a couple of nights ago.  My mom and my grandmother were in it.  Both are in heaven now and have been for quite some time so whenever I dream of them I wake up really happy.  It's as if I'm able to spend some time with them in my dreams.

This dream wasn't really about them.
When I dream about my mom it usually isn't about her.
It's usually about some message I'm subconsciously supposed to receive.
 
In my dream I was housesitting.  I had been housesitting for a few weeks.  My grandmother came back from her trip (it was her house that I was taking care of) and she was excited to see the puppies that her dog had in her absence.  I was surprised to see the puppies.  They were a few days old but I had completely overlooked them.  Yes I was feeding the dog and taking care of what needed to be taken care of in my grandmother's home but I was just going through the motions and was sort of in a fog.
So much so that I failed to see the puppies.
I remember feeling sad in my dream.
I was sad because I had missed out on spending time with these newborn puppies and now it was time for me to go.

 
 
I woke up wondering how my life related to that dream.

Do I need to slow down?
Smell the roses?

I truly have been working hard at slowing down...
I feel like the dream was about so much more.
I want to be purposeful in EVERYTHING that I do.
I don't want to do something just to do it.
I don't want to miss out on an opportunity because I overlook it because of my everyday chores.
I want to live every moment to the fullest.
 
Maybe I need a break from social media?
Do I need to stop playing candy crush?
Do I need to quit my job? 
Haha, just kidding Frank!  lol
 
 
I love when dreams inspire me.  My own personal "sermon!"  I'm going to let this one marinate for a little while.
So grateful for my little dream...

 
and now here's a little inspiration for you.
 
I'm loving the color Navy these days...
City Farmhouse has a great post about this "now trending" color!
 
I was seriously walking through my house yesterday and thinking that I needed to de-clutter. And then I read this article and well, yes, that sealed that deal!
 
Grab a tissue folks!  Christy had me wanting to run out to the nearest shelter and bring home my very on Sunny!
 
 
I LOVE white walls too, French Country Cottage!
 
And yes Jillian, I NEED these shoes.
 
I'm going to do this.  I love decorating with books and this is a great way to keep them neutral.
 
 
I'm in LOVE Marian!!  I want this sofa!
 
 
 I didn't get to share my Valentines Day decor because of my blogging hiatus... but here's a little peek at my Love-ly mantle. :)
 
 
It's going away....
On the agenda this week:
SPRING decorating!
 
I know we're still in February but Easter is in March this year!!!  I've got to get moving!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!  I hope you're inspired!
 
xoxo
Delilah
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment