Monday, November 9, 2015

Daddy isn't praying anymore

Happy Monday!!
 
I'm a big country music fan but I missed the CMA's last week.
What I didn't miss is this epic performance by Justin Timberlake & Chris Stapleton.
 
Wow!
 
 
The media is saying it's the best performance EVER on the CMA's!
I'm not sure about all of that...but I LOVED it!
 
Here's the link if you missed it!
 
 
 
I had never heard of Chris Stapleton before this performance so that prompted me to look into his music a little more.
 
 
He's known more for his songwriting than for his music but I'm sure that's all about to change.
He recently released his debut album Traveler.
 
I listened to a few of his songs on YouTube and then just had to buy the whole album.
I love every single song. The album won album of the year on the CMA's last week.
 

 
 
There is one that just stopped me in my tracks while I was listening to the record and that is Daddy isn't praying anymore.
 
I was sad while I was listening to it wondering what could make a dad stop praying and then when Chris sang that final verse the tears started streaming down my face.
 
I listened to that song over and over and just let the words soak in.
 
Here's the You Tube Link if you'd like to listen to it.
 
I'm a praying mom.
My mom was a praying mom.
My dad is a praying dad.
My grandmother was a praying mom.
My grandfather was a praying dad.
The list goes on and on...
 
Don't stop praying.
 
I so believe that God hears and answers prayers.
I'm grateful for the people that have prayed for me throughout my life.
 
 
 
Have a blessed day!
Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment