Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Thirty Minute Challenge

Hi Ya'll!!


I know...
I know...
I've been MIA for quite some time.


I'm sorry but sometimes life happens and well, there was no time for my blogging hobby!
But...
I'm back!!!!!!!! (in my Arnold Schwarzenegger voice) and yes I had to google the spelling of his name!  :)




And for the record, just because I wasn't blogging that doesn't mean I haven't been a busy little bee!
I have oodles of projects and things I can't wait to share with you.




Today, however, I want to talk about the 30 minute challenge.

I read this quote the other day and it really spoke to me...
It's so easy to focus on what we didn't get done yesterday, or stress about tomorrow, when what we really need to be doing is focusing on today!!



Ok, so that being said, there are all kinds of 30 minute challenges but this is one that I made up!


It all started with my To-Do-List.  I keep a running to-do-list that I check off and revise every week.  When I look at that list I can feel overwhelmed.  Things like, "clean my garage," or "paint the mantle" can seem overwhelming and so I noticed that things weren't getting checked off of my list.
How can I approach this list differently so that I'm not just throwing in the towel and watching Netflix for the next 3 hours was the question I asked myself one day!


And this is what I came up with!  I'm calling it the 30-minute challenge.



You need a timer.  I just use my i-phone or the timer on my microwave if I'm in the kitchen.
So this is how it works:
You decide which item from your to-do-list you are going to tackle and you set a 30 minute timer.  You start working on that project and when the timer goes off, you stop.
You pick a different task from your list and set the timer and begin.
I know it seems CRAZY for some of you OCD friends of mine.  The idea of leaving a task 1/2 done makes you cringe!  I know, I get it! What you're doing though is making a dent in some of those big projects.  The key is to continue this 30 minute challenge daily. And before you know it, you're big project is done and you are now able to cross it off of your list!
Thirty minutes a day isn't so bad and before you know it, it will become a habit. 




This system is really working for me.
Try it and let me know what you think!  :)


Thanks for stopping by.  I have some BIG news that I can't wait to share!
Stay tuned...


xoxo

Delilah

2 comments: