Friday, May 12, 2017

That One Rainy Day...

I live in Sunny California.
I love Sunny California.
Except for the fact that it hasn't been SUNNY!!!
It has been cold and rainy.
Boo!
That's what I have to say about that...




Well, on one of these cloudy, rainy days I decided to paint my coffee table.  How it all went down:


It was 5am and my internal alarm went off and I couldn't sleep anymore so I went downstairs, made a pot of coffee, curled up in a blanket with my Bella and sat on the couch ready to watch a movie.


 


While I sat there watching Forces of Nature, I caught a glimpse of my "orange" coffee table and thought, "Why haven't I painted this thing?"


There's no time like the present so out came the paint or should I say paints!!




Often times when painting a piece in my house, I don't have a clear vision and just play with paints and decide as I go...  This day was no different!  So I used a little chalk paint, a little milk paint and then some more chalk paint until I finally got the finish I was happy with.


In my opinion, the best way to get all of your layers of paint to come through is by lightly sanding your piece.  In the picture above only the right side has been sanded.  You can see how beautiful it looks with all of the different paints coming through.


Here's a quick before and after....
The table isn't finished. I still need to paint the legs.  I'll come back to it and share the finished product soon!

In other news... the sun is finally shinning again here in California!!

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment