Thursday, February 16, 2017

Jaden's Room Facelift

My Client:
So I have a beautiful 16 year old niece.  Her name is Jaden.




The Space:
Jaden was wanting to update her bedroom.
She and her mom painted her room and ordered a few things for the space and then called me in to help.
They gave me a budget and Jaden told me the vision for her room.


The BEFORES:










As you can see by the before pictures, they painted the room and purchased new bedding as well as the makeup station before I came in to help with the design.





I love the choices they made.  All three walls are a soft gray and the back wall is a beautiful blush color.



This bookcase was a Craigslist purchase and a good addition to the room that offers lots of storage.


The Vision:
Blush/Rose Pink, black , gray & white
Clean lines
No quotes or words (say what??? That's like my favorite thing in the world!)
No bling/Glitter (again...that's going to be a challenge for me)
Accessories for the shelves


OK, after several weeks of shopping and scouring through many, many stores and looking through many webpages this is what I did!


Here are a few pictures of the AFTERS:




I found these Collage frames at Home Goods.  They were a dark brown and I painted them white with chalk paint.
The lamp was in my personal stash and I spray painted the base a metallic silver and I painted the suede shade the blush pink that was used on the walls.


My daughter had this white stool/side table in her room that she wasn't using so she gave it to Jaden.  It fits perfectly in the little nook next to the bed.

Jaden had mentioned that she wanted a "city" vibe for some of the art.  I found these great prints at Target.  I've attached the links below.
The pillows were a great find at Marshall's.
The gray and white chevron print pillow cover is from Hobby Lobby.

This makeup station is probably my favorite area in the room.


I purchased these round mirrors with the intent to hang them on the wall but ended up using them for her nail polishes instead.


Finding accessories for the shelves was fun!

 I found these gold foil prints at Ross for a killer deal.
The marquee J is from Heidi Swapp.




I love using frames and pictures to decorate shelves and accessorize with.  They add whimsy and a personal touch.




The clock is from Kirkland's.
The glass canister and silver frame are from Home Goods.




I'm grateful for the opportunity I was given to add my touch to Jaden's space.
To be honest, I'm proud of how beautiful this room turned out.
I hope you feel inspired to give a room in your home a "face lift!"

xoxo

Sharing on:



No comments:

Post a Comment