Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday Favorites ~ Back to School 2016

I know what you're thinking...
how can I be talking about school in July???
 
 
Where we live our kids follow a modified traditional school schedule.  We have a shorter Summer than most but then we enjoy a couple of weeks off in October, December and March.
 

 

  I've grown to really like this schedule except for the short Summers!  I talked about how we try and make the most of our Summer's in this post here.
 
 
 
This year I have a kid starting middle school and a kid who's a sophomore in High School.  They both go back to school on Monday!!
 
 
 
 
Fashion is all the rage.  Back to school shopping has taken on a whole new meaning.  It's not as simple as it used to be. 
 
 
For my teenage daughter there's not only the dress, romper or shorts and shirt we have to buy but there are also all the accessories!
I often tease her and tell her that when I see her I see dollar signs!!
 
 
My 12 year old boy is a little easier.  He's all about the T-shirt and basketball shorts!  Easy!
 
 
 
I think it's important for kids to look good when they go to school.  I know it's not in everyones budget to spend a small fortune on back-to-school shopping.  It's not in MY budget to spend a ton of money...
but there are a lot of ways to get super good discounts on clothes these days.
 
 
I'm always looking for coupons and have no pride accepting hand me downs!  I will even shop 2nd hand sites to look for some good staple items for a fraction of retail prices.
 

 

As sad as I am about the kids going back to school, I'm also excited about the new adventures that await them.
 
 

 
When asked if I was sad about my baby starting middle school, my response was no.  How can I be sad when he is SO EXCITED!
 
 
 
Yes, my babies are growing up too fast and I want time to slow down but I'm loving each and every stage of their lives.
 
 
 
What I am praying for this school season is good teachers.  Teachers that will not only fill them academically but that will also inspire them to be better human beings.
 

 
I'm praying that they be surrounded by good friends.
 
 
I'm praying that they in turn be a good friend.

 
 
I'm praying for their safety.
 


 
 
And I'm praying that they be a light that shines in this dark world.
 
Wishing you all the best this back to school season!
 
xoxo
 
Delilah
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment