Saturday, December 24, 2016

2016 Christmas Tour

Hello friends!!!
I've been a little MIA but all for good reasons!
I've been enjoying some much needed quality time with friends and family.


We've hosted a few parties over here at the Gillio pad and well, I just haven't been in the mood to blog.

This whole blog thing is a hobby for me and although I LOVE it, I don't ever want it to feel like a chore!

I had a few requests to share my home on the blog, so without further ado.....
here is our home all decked out for Christmas!!!





I found these at Kirkland's and I love them!!  They're battery operated and are just beautiful.




Many of the things in our bookcase are either homemade or purchased from the dollar tree and 99cent store!  A beautifully decorated space doesn't have to be expensive. 





This is 1 of the 4 decorated trees in our home.






I've always wanted a nativity set and love the neutral colors of this one from Kirkland's. 




I have a slight addiction to signs and this one is one of my faves!


I LOVE checking the mail during this time of year!  I chose to display all of these beautiful cards on our stairs.  It's so fun to be greeted by all of these smiling faces every day!

It is our family tradition to take a family picture every year for Christmas.  In the past I've displayed them and incorporated them into our decor individually.  This year I purchased these two frames and decided to display our 17 years of memories in these collages.  So fun. 



We ran out of room under the tree for the presents...
We're feeling extremely blessed!  God is so good. 


This is the big tree and it takes me a full day to decorate it.
I decided to remove the red from my Christmas décor this year and I'm loving how the blues, whites, gold and silver compliment my home.


Here are some close ups of the tree.







Every year I buy wrapping paper that matches and coordinates well with our Christmas decorations. 


So.....
this is my favorite space in my home at the moment.  The faux brick fireplace was a labor of love and I'll talk more about it in a future post.

For the mantle I connected two garland strands for a dramatic look.

 



I continued with the blues, whites, gold and silver in our family room.

Did you notice this little baby hiding in our blanket box in the above picture?  :)
 



 I picked up this mailbox at an antiques flea market and added some stickers for a fun Christmas look.
I love the rust that truly gives it a vintage feel!






 I love these ice skates from Decor Steals.

I'm grateful for this reminder... 




I don't do a whole lot in the kitchen as it has to be as functional as possible!










I love wrapping presents and a simple bow with the right ribbon is all you really need!

Thank you so much for stopping by during this incredibly busy season!

From my family to yours...

Merry Christmas!

xoxo
Delilah







No comments:

Post a Comment