Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Transformation Tuesday ~ Lonestar Floral Dresser

Since I've been on this journey of transforming furniture I've loved to hunt for unique pieces.  However, what is becoming more common is people approaching me about pieces they'd like to give or sell me.  Such is the case with this dresser.






I wasn't that impressed with it when I saw it but it had decent bones and the price was right so I bought it.


I love a dresser with some nice legs!  :)


I had a hard time deciding what to do with this piece.  The two tone design was throwing me off.
I was just going to paint it white and call it a day but one day while I was out shopping I came across these beautiful blue and white dishes and was inspired.


I chose to use a light gray for the body of the piece.  The color is Gray Flannel by Vintage Market paints. I chose Lonestar, also by Vintage Market paints, for the drawers.  These were just colors I had on hand and I wanted to be frugal with this piece knowing I wasn't going to sell it for big money!

So after a couple of coats of paint, a little floral stencil and some distressing, here she is!













Here's a good before and after....


What do you think?



She's available at G Street Mercantile!

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Delilah









No comments:

Post a Comment